The path of simplicity and simplification invites us to embrace the stillness and declutter the complexity of our lives. This transformative journey unfolds through small steps, offering moments of stillness for gaining clarity and becoming witnesses to our thoughts, emotions, feelings and external circumstances.
The core of this process leads us back to a state of peace, empowering us to wholeheartedly embrace the present moment and break free from the overwhelm of our internal and external worlds, which often divert us from source consciousness through various stimulations and distractions.
Nature’s beauty mirrors the art of being, flowing harmoniously with its cycles and changes, existing symbiotically with all. However, our minds, prone to complicating life, often dominate with overthinking and a desire to control, especially in times of upheaval and unexpected events.
In these crucial moments, embracing simplicity becomes key, supporting our return to balance, trust, and clarity while diluting the noise that hides our heart’s truth and wholeness. It invites us to be present and witness the Self, momentarily stepping away from the chatter of the mind and external circumstances. Our thoughts, emotions, and feelings, whether stemming from inner impulses or influenced by outer sources, form a loop of information making up our perceived reality, yet not defining the essence of who we truly are.
As Gary Zukav wisely articulates:
“Reality is what we take to be true.
What we take to be true is what we believe.
What we believe is based upon our perceptions.
What we perceive depends upon what we look for.
What we look for depends upon what we think.
What we think depends upon what we perceive.
What we perceive determines what we believe.
What we believe determines what we take to be true.
What we take to be true is our reality.”
Holistic decluttering and simplifying
This journey begins by decluttering our lives’ physical and emotional aspects—our minds, thoughts, beliefs, routines, material possessions, and the daily information we consume.
It’s essential to recognise that everything, including what we consume, physical objects, and spaces, emanates energy, influencing our state of being and clarity on both conscious and subconscious levels. The quality of these energies are determined by apsects such as the (hi-)story attached to a place, thing or building, and also the personal feeling, emotion and memory an object or story holds or stirs in us.
Ways to start
To embark on this journey of simplification and decluttering, consider the following steps and ask yourself where you can start today.
- Disconnect to connect:
- Unsubscribe from unnecessary emails and organise digital files.
- Limit social media time to stay energetically present and open-hearted.
- Be conscious of the impact of excessive virtual engagement on your overall well-being.
- Go offline at least an hour before bedtime for a better and more restful sleep.
- Decluttering Living Spaces:
- Keep only items that bring joy or serve a practical purpose.
- Regularly clean/smudge your space energetically using tools like dried sage,palo santo or incense to restore harmony.
- Mindfulness Practices:
- Embrace mindfulness and start with a 10-minute meditation daily.
- Let go of fear from the past and projections into the future.
- Release what you can’t change and empower yourself with steps you can take within your life. Learn to meet life with trust.
- Simple Pleasures:
- Enjoy nature, read a book, or listen to music without distractions.
- Engage in joyous activities without the need for elaborate plans.
- Cook your favourite meal or do some gardening.
- Time Management:
- Schedule dedicated downtime for rest, allowing your nervous system to restore, re-balance and for you to connect consciously with your inner intuitive guidance.
- Make your “me time” just as important as your other commitments.
- Health and Wellness:
- Simplify your diet with whole, unprocessed, organic foods, recognising their impact on your overall well-being.
- Treat yourself to a relaxing massage or take time for a soothing warm bath for a moment of unwinding and self-nurturing.